This workshop is targeted for GPs.
Dr James Gunton, Cardiologist- Flinders Cardiology
A/Prof Anand Ganesan, Cardiologist- Flinders Cardiology
Dr Kathryn Waddell-Smith, Cardiologist- Flinders Cardiology
- Discuss what first line medications should be prescribed in Heart Failure and how best to introduce them
- Describe indications for device therapy in Heart Failure and the supporting information general practitioners can provide to their patients to ensure a team-based management approach to patient care
- Discuss how familial genetics in Heart Failure can assist in patient care and how to discuss potential screening with families of patients with cardiomyopathy
- 6.00-6.30 Registration and Dinner
- 6.30-7.00 Heart Failure in 2019: What medications should you use and how best to introduce them?
- 7.00-7.15 Electrophysiology: Device therapy in Heart Failure
- 7.15-7.30 Cardiac Genetics: Familial genetics in Heart Failure
- 7.30-8.30 Case Studies and Discussion: Ischaemic Cardiomyopathy
- 8.30- 9.00 Case Studies and Discussion: Atrial Fibrillation and Non-ischaemic Cardiomyopathy
- 9.00-9.15 Questions and Close
Wednesday, October 16
Stamford Grand Glenelg
SALHN Cardiology Unit
This event has already occured.
If you have any questions about it, please contact-us.