Tailored to nurses, particularly those new to immunisation program delivery, this workshop provides an evidence-based overview to immunisation provision locally including topics such as basic immunology and terminology, the Immunisation Program and vaccine types, legislation, communication, vaccine and cold chain management, vaccine administration procedures and adverse events.
- Why Immunise?
- Basic Immunology and Terminology
- The Immunisation Program and Vaccine Types
- Influenza Program
- The importance of good communication and addressing vaccine objectors
- Vaccine Management and the Cold Chain
- Vaccine Administration Procedure and Adverse Events
Click here to download flyer
Please note: This education session will follow SAPMEA’s social distancing measures. See our COVID-19 protocols page for full information.
Friday, May 7
8.30am - 5.00pm
Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (SA Branch) 191 Torrens Rd, Ridleyton
SA PHN Immunisation Hub Coordinator
7 CPD hours
Lunch included with no cost to attend