- Discuss the concept of schizophrenia from a biological, psychological and social perspective as well as the psychiatric diagnostic classification systems, their utility and their limitations.
- Outline the schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders in DSM V.
- Develop familiarity with the management of schizophrenia, the evidence base, treatment algorithims and pragmatic approaches to managing the person in front of you.
- Identify factors regarding safety for patients, staff and others in schizophrenia.
- Discuss the benefits of involvement of a psychiatrist or a community mental health team in the management of a person with schizophrenia.
Thursday, April 26
Sage Hotel, Adelaide
Dr Allan Nelson
Approved for 4 Category 2 points with RACGP, activity#112572 and 2 core points with ACRRM, ID#12241
No cost to attend
or Call sapmea on (08) 8274 6060
Your registration will be acknowledged via email within 2 working days. Please check your junk email folder if not received within this time.
A Tax Invoice will be provided, if requested for GST purposes.