Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes
Enrol for the Frailty ECHO
ECHO aims to create a community of practice for shared learning and professional support.
Online meetings provide an opportunity for participants to learn best-practice frailty care from our panel of experts and contribute to case discussions.
We welcome all healthcare professionals from metropolitan, rural and regional SA to join the program.
If you are from outside of South Australia or are interested in joining a meeting as an observer, please email email@example.com
Submit your cases
We welcome all cases, whether they involve common clinical scenarios related to diagnosis and care, or those that involve complex or challenging presentations and patient management scenarios.
Individuals and teams are invited to submit cases for discussion to promote learning and reflection, and improve patient care and outcomes.
Please note that ECHO meetings are not secondary consultations and do not replace specialist referral, where needed.submit a case
Meet the Frailty ECHO expert panel
- Dr Stephanie Daly - Sensus Cognition
Geriatrician & Palliative Care Consultant:
- Dr Chloe Furst - co-HOU, Department of Geriatrics and Rehabilitation Medicine, RAH
GP with special interest in Frailty
- Dr Chris Bollen - BMP Consulting
- Dr Tim Henwood - Southern Cross Care
- Jackie Kerr - Nurse Unit Manager GITH and IC Geriatric Services, CALHN
- Mark Dallman - Geriatric Nurse Consultant, CALHN Integrated Care
- Julie Dundon - Nutrition Professionals Australia
- Prof Debra Rowett - UniSA - Director of DATIS
Occupational Therapist Consultant
Meeting 1: Tuesday, 22 August
- PPT Presentation: Screening and Assessing Frailty
- Resources: HealthPathways Frail but Stable Older Person Pathway
Meeting 2: Tuesday, 12 September
- PPT Presentation: Nutritional support for people living with frailty
- Resource # 1: Malnutrition and Nutrition Support. NPA
- Resource # 2: High Energy High Protein Diet, Aged Care. NPA
- Resource # 3: High Energy High Protein Recipes, Aged Care. NPA
- Resource # 4: Nutrition Supplements, Aged Care. NPA
- Resource # 5: High Protein Meal alternatives. NPA
Meeting 3: Tuesday, 17 October
- PPT Presentation: Deprescribing/ Appropriate Prescribing
- Resource # 1: Medication Management and polypharmacy in Older person
- Resource # 2: Medication management - Deprescribing
Meeting 4: Tuesday, 14 November
Frailty ECHO resources:
HealthPathway SA: Online access to evidence-based clinical pathways and local referral information. Available older person pathways of care include:
GP participants will receive 1 CPD hour under the Reviewing Performance category with RACGP/ACRRM for each meeting attended.
GPs presenting a case for discussion, will receive 1 CPD hour under the Measuring Outcomes category (to be self-claimed).
The Statement of Attendance and CPD hours will be provided at the end of the ECHO series.
At the end of the Frailty ECHO series, participants will be able to:
- Recognise and assess patients who are frail or at risk of developing frailty to optimise their health outcomes.
- Implement a comprehensive and evidence- based approach to support patients living with frailty.
- Explore the resources that are available to assist in the management of frail patients.
Learn more about how ECHO sessions work here.
Find other ECHO networks here.
For questions and enquiries, please contact the ECHO Coordinator at ECHO@sapmea.asn.au.
This program is funded by APHN