- Discuss the concept of schizophrenia from a biological, psychological and social perspective as well as the psychiatric diagnostic classification systems, their utility and their limitations.
- Outline the schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders in DSM V.
- Develop familiarity with the management of schizophrenia, the evidence base, treatment algorithims and pragmatic approaches to managing the person in front of you.
- Identify factors regarding safety for patients, staff and others in schizophrenia.
- Discuss the benefits of involvement of a psychiatrist or a community mental health team in the management of a person with schizophrenia.
Wednesday, October 18
Hallet Cove Civic Centre
Dr Allan Nelson