Palliative Care ECHO (Past)
This ECHO Network has now concluded.
Below you will find the session recordings, presentations and resources discussed and presented during the series.
Please note, only the didactic presentations are recorded during the sessions. Group discussion and case presentations are not recorded.
Session 1: Wednesday, 22 February
Didactic Presentation: Complex Malignancy Related Symptoms
Chronic Pain and Substance Abuse by Linda Foreman and Dr Emma Burns
Non- Malignant Pain in the Elderly by Hima Venugopal
Evidence - based and effective management of pain in patients with advanced cancer
Guidance for the use of medicinal cannabis in the treatment of palliative care patients in Australia
The impact of standardised ketamine step protocol for cancer neuropathic pain
Session 2: Wednesday, 8 March
The didactic presentation recording is only available for participants enrolled to the program. Please contact us if you would like to access this resource.
Session 3: Wednesday, 22 March
PPT Presentation: Febrile Neutropenia
Recording # 1: Febrile Neutropenia
PPT Presentation: Malignant spinal cord compression
Recording # 2: Malignant spinal cord compression
PPT Presentation: Hypercalcaemia of malignancy
Recording # 3: Hypercalcaemia of malignancy
Resources # 1: Immune related adverse event wallet cards
Resource # 2: Risk of Neutropenic sepsis wallet cards
Resource # 3: Palliation from the PBS Prescriber Bag.
Session 4: Wednesday, 5 April
PPT Presentation # 1: End Stage Organ Failure management issues at EOL.
Recording # 1: End Stage Organ Failure management issues at EOL.
PPT Presentation # 2: Dementia as a life limiting illness.
Recording# 2: Dementia as a life limiting illness.
Deprescribing at End of Life Recording: Dr Peter Tenni
Session 5: Wednesday, 3 May
PPT Presentation: Agitation, Delirium and Terminal Sedation
Session 6: Wednesday, 17 May
PPT Presentation: Complex Bereavement
Palliative Care resources:
HealthPathways SA: Online access to evidence-based clinical pathways and local referral information. Access to HealthPathways SA is free once you have registered to set up a login.
- Palliative Care Patient
- Advance Care Planning
- Emergencies in Palliative Care
- Pain medications in Palliative Care
- Symptom management in Palliative Care
- Last Days of Life
- Palliative Care Assessment
- Palliative Care Advice
- Palliative Care Support
Meet the Palliative Care ECHO Network panel
Palliative Care Consultant:
- Dr Susan Haynes - Rural Support Service, SA Health
- Dr Anas Safri - Central Adelaide Palliative Care Services
- Dr Peter Allcroft - Southern Adelaide Palliative Care Services
- Dr Olivia Rygorowicz - Southern Adelaide Palliative Care Services
GP with interest in Palliative care:
- Dr Sonia Schutz - Mannum Medical Centre
- Dr Emma Manifold - Summit Health, Mt Barker
Geriatrician & Palliative Care Consultant:
- Dr Teena Silakong - Northern Adelaide Palliative Care Service
- Paul Tait - Rural Support Service, SA Health
Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner:
- Lisa MacDonald - Rural Support Service, SA Health & Eldercare
- Karin Myhill - Southern Adelaide Palliative Care Services
This project is supported by the Rural Support Service, Adelaide PHN and Country SA PHN: